This Alien Grassland Environment package features an ecosystem of strange plants that flow in the wind; growing in an ancient crater set on a arid planet.
The package contains everything you need for your game environment, including:
- 36 Plant Meshes (18 Plant Species)
- 12 rocks
- A Dynamic Plant wind blueprint that animates wind according to a world-space texture
- A Landscape with a world-creator landscape material (using world creator masks)
- A Bioluminescent water material
- A tileable backdrop landscape mesh
- A Planet Material (with two 4k stylized textures)
- Animated Starry Sky Material
- An Animated Polygonal Nebula Material
- 7 Ambient sound effects
The Plant species are the following:
- Spiky Palm Tree (4 Variations)
- Orange Tree
- Dry Tree
- Fat Bottle Tree
- Glowing seed-tree
- Blue Stump Tree
- Alien Cactus
- Alien Flower
- Coconut Shrub
- Tentacle Shrub
- Glowing Bulb
- Rock Fungus
- Spiral Fern
- Ring Shrub
- Green Spiky plant
- Red Spiky plant
- Grass clump
- Glowing Wheat-Grass
The plant’s materials have been designed along with a wind system blueprint, which provides you with realistic flowing of grass, shrubs & trees, with minimal performance impact. You can modify the wind simply by changing the public variables on the blueprint, and it will apply to all materials that utilize the wind system.
The unreal landscape and the backdrop landscape mesh have been generated by World Creator, which utilizes splat-map texture masks that have been poly-styled in photoshop. To replace the landscapes, you can generate your own within World Creator along with its own splatmaps. Simply swap out the splatmap texture and apply the landscape material, and your landscape will instantly be rendered with the realism seen in the preview images.
This package also includes a beautiful sky environment, complete with flickering stars, two planet textures, and a realistic planet material.
This package includes mobile support, and has been tested in-viewport with the Default Mobile / HTML5 Renderer.
To switch to the Mobile version, please do the following:
- Open the LowpolyAlienPlants_Mobile Level.
- Change the Preview Rendering setting of the editor to Default Mobile / HTML5 Preview
- Open the MobileSwitchMaterials folder. In this folder you will find two Material Instance Parents, which control most of the materials in this package.
- Open each of these material instances, and tick the MOBILE? boolean checkbox.